Thursday, September 5, 2013

Things to look for in Friday's backpack and other beginning of year information

Hello Families,

I apologize for the length of this post. I have a lot of information that I need to get to you. I promise future posts won't be as lengthy.

I just wanted to send a note letting you know of a few things to look for in backpacks on Friday. One form from the office was missing in your packet. I got it early this week and will send on Friday. It's beige and titled Windham Primary School Media Release Form. Please try and have it along with all other beginnig of year paperwork back by Monday. Thanks so much to many of you who have everything in already. It's a tremendous amount to organize and keep track of and it really helps to sort throught it all at once.  I sent reminders to those who still have things out on Thursday. Please do your best to get the rest in quickly.

Also coming home is a Boy Scout flier for boys and an article from Dr. Rhoads about attendance. I found it very informative. On the topic of attendance, please be sure to have your students here as much as possible this year. If you can schedule appointments after school so your child won't miss out, that would be helpful. I do realize that it's unavoidable, but please do your best! Also, new this year, students will be marked with an unexcused absence unless you provide a specific reason as to their absence. "Out sick" is no longer specific--the office is now tracking type of illness. Please feel free to email me if your child is out and I can let the office know.

We should have our laptop cart arriving in our room on Friday. If you would like to send your child to school with their own headphones or earbuds that only they will use this year, I can store them in ziploc bags for use when we are on the computers. Thanks to the Dempster family for donating several pair for us to use this year. If you cannot supply any for your child I do have several pair that they can use.

A note from food service: The hot lunch pricing for this year is $2.35. The reduced price is $0.40. The breakfast price is $1.00. Breakfast is free for free and reduced families. Snack milk is $0.50 for all students.

One last thing to note: Next week we will be participating in the NWEA computerized testing. We will take the Reading portion on Monday, September 9th and the Math portion on Tuesday September 10th. I'll be sending a notice about how you can help your child be successful in Friday's mail.

Next week is our first full week! We've been slowly working up to a full workload and will be ready to start our regular routine soon. I'm really enjoying getting to know your children!

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment